Having recently returned from an Integrated Marketing Course offered by the American Marketing Association, has motivated me to reiterate the following key website points:
What Should a Website Do?
- Validate: It should be clear what your business is selling within 3 seconds of a user landing on your website.
- Educate: Provide something of value to the user that can help them in their daily lives.
- Motivate: Integrate a simple and straightforward e-commerce experience or call to action for sales conversions.
Your Website Should Also:
- Clearly answer “Who I am”, “What I do”, and “What can you do here.”
- The design resonates with the target audience.
- The design communicates a compelling value proposition.
- Must be responsive
- Must include calls-to-action
- The design is always changing. (Not always huge changes but updating site will help with user engagement as well as SEO.)
- Design builds trust, communicates value and navigates to next steps.
Tags: American Marketing Association, website